Things are happening on the minimum wage front this month. Here are the highlights:
- Disney workers approved a contract that will raise their minimum wage to $15 an hour in three years.
- The Department of Labor’s Wage & Hour Division reminded everyone that, in accordance with a 2014 Executive Order by President Obama, the minimum wage for employees on certain government contracts will increase to $10.60 per hour.
- Michigan passed legislation approving a $12 minimum wage. However, many are encouraging proponents not to hold their breath that this legislation will actually take effect. Dive in here.
- Proponents of the bill to increase Missouri’s minimum wage to $12 per hour were gifted with a $3 million anonymous donation to help with their campaign efforts.
- A top New Jersey Democrat explained why he doesn’t think a minimum wage vote will happen in the state by the end of the year.